Nexus,a gold open-access journal in partnership with Cell Press, is committed to publishing groundbreaking research in applied sciences, engineering, technology, and inter- and multi-disciplinary fields that tackle the world’s most pressing challenges.
Understanding the significance of promoting active academic exchange among young scientists, Nexus is creating a dedicated editorial board specifically for early-career researchers. This board provides an excellent opportunity for young scientists to refine their editorial management skills, offer valuable peer feedback, exchange innovative ideas, and identify potential avenues for collaboration.
We plan to recruit about 30 members to the Young Editorial Board in 2024.
Who are we looking for?
- Active in research fields that are relevant to the journal scope.
- Received a doctoral degree within the last 10 years.
- Proficient in academic manuscript composition and publication. Experience in peer review is preferred.
- Published research articles in esteemed inter- and multi-disciplinary-field scientific journals as first and/or corresponding author within the past 3 years.
- Fluent in English language.
What do we expect from you?
- Serve as an ambassador to promote the journal via academic network, social media, conferences, and other channels.
- Recommend manuscripts from outstanding inter- and multi-disciplinary worldwide researchers.
- Serve as a reviewer for a certain number of journal submissions annually.
- Provide consultation on manuscripts with the journal editors upon request.
- Attend editorial board meetings and participate in activities organized by the journal.
- Additional editorial tasks or special projects as requested by the editors.
What will you get?
- An official appointment certificate from the Editor-in-Chief of Nexus.
- Articles submitted or recommended by youth members are considered for faster review in Nexus.
- Exceptional youth members will be awarded “Excellent Young Editorial Board Member” and will be elevated to become an Nexus editorial board member.
- The initial term of service is one year, with potential of renewal for a second term.